Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lolita



We both have the same brown proud eyebrows,
Green shiny eyes shaped like small almonds..
Wrinkles glorifies her face, sagging skin accentuates
my every sides...
Our cheekbones now out of sight,
as our flesh falls down like curtains as we frown...
We still have the same stretch of smile
That no dim stars can deny,
leaving out that undeniable crack in mine...


We're twins...
But sly eyes won't dare credit...
She was the lovely fragile queen in her youthful years,
I'm the cleft-lipped other, unsweetened...
She's ever the unsparing one,
And I'm evermore the one in dire need of hand...


We cherished the same man...
In the midst of the deafening farce,
I surfaced...
His stark hands chose mine,
And for the first time,
I cradled the vast grandeur of real beauty
In my faint calloused hands...


While the ever alluring other
Condemned hers...

No comments:

Post a Comment